Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A big THANK YOU to the community

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
I am working on my Biology, Chemistry and Zoology homework today, along with processing data from my personal research projects and thesis.

I needed to take a study break and run the snowthrower thanks to last night's storm. As I sit here with a hot coffee warming up my fingers staring at the piles of articles and reports, I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and support I have received over the years from this group.

Thanks to a good many of you egging me on, and thanks to those of you that forced me to learn you never make a claim without the data to back it up!

The conversations and encouragement here over the years inspired me to get off my blue-collar, hillbilly butt and go back to school. At the end of this quarter I will be 75% done with a Bachelors in Biology and a minor in chemistry. I was going to single people out, but I realized there are far too many to list from over the years.

I have no clue yet what I am going to do in Grad School, but it appears I may Major in Biochemistry and minor in Herpetology.

So in short, thanks for the inspiration and support. I had forgotten how much fun higher learning is.

Additionally, I highly suggest you get off your butts and get a degree in something that interests you if you haven't done so already. I'm old, grouchy, toothless and anti-social, but if I can do it, anyone can. If you are young, do it now and get it over with. If you are old, do it now and get it over with.

The results are worth the struggle.

Happy Holidays, and try not to get too used to me being all sappy in posts.

~Johnny

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man, i´m very happy for you, but you are making me feel horrible xD I´m an absolute disgrace as a student, it´s a miracle they haven´t told me to bugger off (both the uni and my parents). This is encouraging, though :)
And i agree this site is terrific in so many ways, even some you wouldn´t expect!

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Don't misunderstand, I am the worlds WORST student. My GPA so far is proof of that. Even the professors at the Uni make fun of me.

Alejandro

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
I am sure Mr. Farnen is a much more good student of what he thinks he is. Congratulations Johnny!!

kay

Reaction score
Congratulations! I completely understand where you are coming from on this one. When I was 16 I dropped out of school. Few years later I wised-up and became top of my graduating highschool AND college program. I am now in university, doing a double degree in a specialized program that only took 250 applicants out of 3000 this year.

Once again, you should be very proud of yourself. As long as your mind and heart are into something, the possibilities are endless. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!