Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is this moss ball normal?

Ashf

Reaction score
I bought a moss ball from petsmart in those little grab and go containers by the bettas. It was (to my knowledge) never kept with other fish. It's been in quarantine for 3 days now, and I picked it up to look at it, and I noticed there are some little yellow blob thingies on the outside of the moss ball... I'm not sure if this is a part of the moss ball or something else? :confused: Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/UVUqd7J

Hayleyy

Reaction score
What is the texture of the blob? Could it be some kind of substrate, like gravel, from before it was packed?

Ashf

Reaction score
It's hard, but see through and clear/yellowy. Now that you mention it, it definitely seems like some sort of substrate! Thanks!
Another question, how long should you quarantine the moss ball, since it was alone?

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Glad that is all it is! I would quarantine for a week or two. I would usually do a week unless it was kept with fish :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!