Hi, new Axolotl owner here!

Nat

Reaction score
Country
England
Hi, I'm Nat, I'm female, 25, from Bradford in England and just got myself 2 new wild coloured axolotls and ordered some white ones too (may not get those for a while)! I love them so much and fell for them the first time I was sent a picture of one! :happy:

I named my Axolotls Parabolica (believed female) and Ascari (believed male), they are young, but not tiny, a few months at least I'd say, as I have seen baby ones recetly hatched. I believe they are a breeding pair, which could be funny in the future but I'm finding them hard to sex I trust my supplier. :wacko::p

I have previously/ still own (of couse creatures die) Cats, Guinea pigs, gold fish, Red Apple Crabs, Rabbits and Rainbow crabs. My Axolotls are named after corners of the Monza race circuit- I'm a big F1 fan and petrol head! I named my guinea pig Monza- lol! :p

I am also a metalhead, I love goth, metal and rock music, I can play the drums :eek: and I'm also a photographer. I have tattoos, some piercings and change my hair colour and style more than I eat a meal, :cool: but then agian I am a size UK 4! I'm also about 5 feet tall, a bit of an imp really! :eek:

I lost my crabs very early on due to shedding problems and some were sold to me elderly (the shop scammed me), :( so I hope I have more luck with my happy, smiley Axolotls, who think, love me too! :talker:

I recently suffered an attempted murder, so thse creatures are so happy and calming to help with my rehabilitation and re- building of my relationship as it was my boyfriend that tried to kill me. :eek: I can't wait to join this forum to make new friends, as I have been bullied a lot in my life and I'm like an Axolotl, I just want to make friends! ;)

Hi Nat,

Good to hear from you :) Yeah Archamedies is doign good, apart from distracting me form revising because I've been watching him hunt guppies all night. Where abouts did you get you axolotls form ? Are they babies?
I've been wanting to get another for a long time but now Archie is so big it is hard to find one that he wouldn't snap at.

Vikki

Hi Nat,

Good to hear from you :) Yeah Archamedies is doign good, apart from distracting me form revising because I've been watching him hunt guppies all night. Where abouts did you get you axolotls form ? Are they babies?
I've been wanting to get another for a long time but now Archie is so big it is hard to find one that he wouldn't snap at.

Vikki

I got my Axi's from QSS in Bradford, it is on Wakefield Road, just out of town. They are not tiny babies, I found a place in Leeds that sell tiny ones but they looked too lethargic and made me worried. Mine are a couple of months apparently, they are the wild coloured ones as I say, but they can also get them in other colours if you're willing to wait and pay a tad more- so I'll get some of those too! I'm thinking of going back to Uni, so I bet I get distracted too- lol! :love:

" I recently suffered an attempted murder, so thse creatures are so happy and calming to help with my rehabilitation and re- building of my relationship as it was my boyfriend that tried to kill me."

---oh my! well I should hope that everything goes alright. This website is a wealth of information for your new axies. also http://www.axolotl.org/ is very helpful.

" I recently suffered an attempted murder, so thse creatures are so happy and calming to help with my rehabilitation and re- building of my relationship as it was my boyfriend that tried to kill me."

---oh my! well I should hope that everything goes alright. This website is a wealth of information for your new axies. also http://www.axolotl.org/ is very helpful.

Thank you very much! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back