Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Book: Stolen World by Jennie Erin Smith

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stolen World: A Tale of Reptiles, Smugglers, and Skullduggery

I just read a review of this book in "The Week." It looks sort of like a clone of The Lizard King. If you really enjoyed that book, you might be interested in this book. I don't think I'll be reading it any time soon (time restraints) but the review in "The Week" was positive. Any book with "Skullduggery" in the title has to be fun.
It's 336 pages, $25, published by Crown.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Lamb

Reaction score
I finished this book a few weeks ago. It was a really enjoyable read. I couldn't put it down. The author goes into detail about three main smugglers, and you get a feel for who they were as people. The book also tracks the history of zoos, herp shows, and the illegal wildlife trade, which is what I found to be one of its most interesting aspects. It makes me wonder how anyone really knows whether the animals on the table are CB or WC.

Because it is a non-fiction book, you can look up the characters involved. After I finished, I did a Google search for Henry Molt and found a few blog sites discussing his dealings in the wildlife trade. The book's depiction of his reputation seems to be accurate, he is (or at least was) both admired and loathed.

It's a good read.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!