Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls for Sale?

officerPuckles

Reaction score
We have just purchased a 100 gallon tank for Officer Puckles (whose sex we will be checking, cause we are pretty sure he is a she) But we definitely wanted to administer some new tank mates for him/her, since that's a lot of space for just one lonesome lotl.
I purchased Puckles at a local store in Albuquerque, but I am now a three hour drive from there, and no pet stores in this town seem to have any for sale! (they are so hard to find)
So i just wanted to know if there are forums on here, or people who like to ship/sell them. (or any local New Mexicans would be great as well!)
And then (one more question, sorry!) How do you introduce another axolotl? I have seen that some of them just 'fall in love' immediately, while others need a couple weeks to get adjusted to each other (with a mesh screen in between) Does it have to be a full grown with another full grown? Will Puckles eat a baby if that's the only thing we can get?
Lots of questions, I know! But he is just so lonely!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
We have a lovely For Sale section where people can post their ads. We do not allow advertising (wanted or for sale) in any other part of the forum.

You should quarantine the new axolotl for 30 days in order to watch for illness and let it acclimate. If you get an axolotl that is much smaller than your current one, chances are it will get eaten.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!