Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chat event for social groups

oregon newt

Reaction score
So...if a social group wanted to organize a chat event, how would they go about doing that? Under what room would they do that? Isn't there the Vernal pool, the bog, etc.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Isn't there the Vernal pool, the bog, etc.

It's just the vernal pool now but maybe John or Jen can create a new one like someone did for the chat event we had the other week. In all honesty I think everyone should just congregate in the vernal pool that way no one feels excluded and if they are not a member of the said social group then maybe after the chat they would be inclined to join.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
There have been changes to the chat since I last spent any time of note there, but used to be, you could create your own chat room. You could even make it private by making it password-protected. A notice in the social group would be enough to give the password along with the time and date of the next chat. Anyone interested could just look in the social group.

Maybe that still works.

-Eva

P.S. A social group chat is a great idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1