Shallow feeding dish?

Hthecvt

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know that you can use feeding jars, but what about a shallow dish that I could leave worm pieces and shrimp in so they wouldn't float all over the tank? Or is a jar best?

I have 2 lotls, if that matters.

And how long should I leave the jar/dish in there? 24 hours?

*H, CVT*

Why don't you just use tweezers? A dish would be harder I would imagine because they can knock the food everywhere, yes take all uneaten food out after 24 hours, hope this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a water basin/feeding dish for lizards, it was shallow enough so they can eat from it but not too deep. The sides kept the bloodworms and tubifex worms inside pretty good too.:eek:

I have a shallow dish(actually it's a soap dish upside down that cost 10p)
All their food goes in there and I haven't ever had it float out everywhere.
For me, my Axies don't wait around when something goes in the dish and it's gone within an hour or two

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back