Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How tame is your axie?

Danilugosi

Reaction score
I have a leuci that's about 6 inches, not sure of the age but we've had him since March. I've noticed a definite personality more so in the last month! My little Juan seems to be taking more notice of my partner and I and is super friendly. Lately he's been watching us, following us and interacting. We like to think that he is just attention seeking and not thinking its feeding time - it's cuter that way.

Last night I dangled my fingers in the tank (it's about 140L, 3ft long) and he came up for a play. I made sure I got this glory on video!

I can't express how much something that does so little in life can make me so happy and proud. I do believe the bane of his existence is all about being so damn cute!

The only downfall of having an axie is that we can't cuddle him on the couch like we do our snake.

I'll edit and post my video on Instagram (@danilugosi) because I just love the axie dance.

Post your stories here, I want to read them!!

Here's a pic just for the cuteness, I think it's every axie owners fantasy.

00537091a256438a1558825e17c9c3b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanjaif

Reaction score
Mine does the same :D I am @axolotlparadise on IG btw. I actually think my axolotls can be a little creepy sometimes, especially when I'm home alone and they all just stair in the same direction. But I love it when they come up to the surface to say hello :)

akiso914

Reaction score
My older lotl always comes up to the glass if she sees me, whether she's hungry or not - she tries to follow me around the room if i leave

dubs

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they're simply driven by hunger, but both of my axies are very curious, and curiosity seems to be innate to the species. At least we humans can form bonds with our axies because they appear to be playful or friendly, and I assume the axolotls gain something from the stimulation.

KateKross

Reaction score
My axie Aristotle is relatively hardy animal. He is tame in nature. I like this delicate, soft-bodied amphibian with permeable skin.

KumquatSquats

Reaction score
i have 5 and they all are a little different in personality; King Ghidorah is lazy and avoids contact until its feeding time (then hes a shark!), Spantz is a jittery jumpy boy who loves looking at people and will follow you around the room from the side of his tank but doesn't like it at all when i have to handle him for tank maintenance, GoldZilla likes being held and she will come if i wiggle my fingers over her head but shes a fatty so im pretty sure its all for extra worms. My two most social are GlowBoi and Trogdor, they get so MAD when i have to put them in isolation for whatever reason and they will always swim up to see you when you come near the tank, both hand feed and enjoy gentle head pets from time-to-time. Trogdor also loves the other 'lotls, always wants to lie on them or just be near them :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!