HELP??!! Can 17cm long axolotl eat another 17cm long axolotl??

escapar

Reaction score
Country
Finland
My another axo i just dissapeared, i have two 17cm long axolotls, can another eat another one?? i have big renovation going on at my home so i'm not there at all just go to feed axos, if they doesnt eat anothers so then someone is stole it, thats why i wanna know is it possible that axo can eat another axo when they both are same size?

Is there a lid on their tank? If not it may have been startled and jumped out.

They can certainly try to eat one another but they can´t. If they are the same size, it´s impossible for them to succeed.
I´m with Julia, it most likely scaped from the tank.

i try to watch but it wasnt anywhere at the floor, so it havent jump out, i think that some of renovation guys have stolen it... :/ thank you for the information.

have you looked everywere in the room with the tank, maybe she jumped out and went somewhere dark?

Yeah, I doubt anyone stole it, but more likely it is somewhere in the house (hopefully alive).

Haha, no Eric I can picture a burly builder slipping an axolotl in his coat pocket...slowly backing away whistling!

I am interested to know how long/far an axolotl could walk on dry land if they were not already in the process of morphing?

yes i have looked every places, not found it... it could be easy to stole it coz i cant be at home now and they know that, i only go feed axos so.. never knows... hope it havent die..

Are you sure it couldn't have gotten out somehow? Have you checked under/in everything in the tank? A builder stealing an axolotl has to be one of the strangest things I've heard. Maybe if you post a photo of your set-up, someone may be able to point out a way it may have escaped?
Hope you find it and it's not too late.

I work in the construction industry and I have 5 axolotls. I'm no thief, but don't think the profession is devoid of axolotl enthusiasts.

Realistically, I've heard stories of axolotls surviving for days in a dark, damp area... I wouldn't stop searching around the house.

Good luck!

I'm assuming your missing axie is a leucistic or an albino. I have a theory that the renovation man didn't know what it was (axolotls aren't the most common pet nor the most known species on Earth...) and thought it was an expensive or rare albino animal and filled a tupperware with water and stuck it in there or something and sold it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back