Buyaxolotls.com??

Kimiko77

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new Axie mom and of course when I received my baby for my birthday I joined forums, read any piece of research I possibly could because I wanted the healthiest happiest gfp lucy I could have. The breeder my husband got her from was not very forth coming on what she was eating or how much to be giving her so I was figuring out as days went buy asking other owners or coming on this site. We recently upgraded her tank to a 10 gallon just 4 more gallons more than she was used to. I also replaced her submersible filter for a external finnex 360 bio canister hob. A day after this happened my axie looked so pale , lost all the feathers on her gills was excessively floating to the top to get air. I found Philip Vena on buyaxolotls.com and he says email if your having problems he is there to help. So I did and I get a message all its says is "change water NOW. AXOLOTL IS DYING "
Nothing else he never answered any of my other questions. I immediately woke thank goodness my husband was home I am disabled and can not get around. He changed the water then wrote Philip back asking our questions again. That was two days ago, I just recieved his reply of him telling me that maybe I need research before I buy a animal and a link to his website. I almost was in tears reading this, I have always wanted a axolotl and have always done my research on them. I never purposely tried killing my baby as he says. I just wanted to post not for sympathy but so all of you can be warned what kind of person he really is.:(

Hi and welcome to our forum :)

I would avoid Buyaxolotls.com as the information provided is terrible.
Have a look through this, http://www.axolotl.org/ as it has most information. If you have any questions please do ask.

Welcome to the forum. buyaxolotls.com should be avoided by all. Thanks for the reminder. You should find this forum and axolotl.org more helpful and friendly.

That's really unpleasant. But the good news is you're here now, and there are people who will help you.

How is your axi doing now? Do you know your tank water parameters? If you post more info here there are people who will help!

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me. I will be definitely looking into the link you gave me. I look forward to posting on better terms and getting to know people on this forum :love:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back