Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Why is it...

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
...axolotls are so addictive?! I went to my friends shop today to stock up on beast treats, fine, nothing out of the ordinary. He had a few juvenile golds looking happy in their tank. Cute! I thought....then I saw him. A big, green, spotty wild type with the most beautiful vibrant yellow markings I have ever seen and a big grin from gill to gill :p I fell in love instantly and stared lovingly at him through the tank...he stared back, it was meant to be!

.....He's mine now LOL, and I'm picking him up next week. Anyone know of any axolotls anonymous meeting groups?! The happiness they give me is overwhelming! *faints*

.....Tehee! :wacko:

CJ1981

Reaction score
...axolotls are so addictive?! I went to my friends shop today to stock up on beast treats, fine, nothing out of the ordinary. He had a few juvenile golds looking happy in their tank. Cute! I thought....then I saw him. A big, green, spotty wild type with the most beautiful vibrant yellow markings I have ever seen and a big grin from gill to gill :p I fell in love instantly and stared lovingly at him through the tank...he stared back, it was meant to be!

.....He's mine now LOL, and I'm picking him up next week. Anyone know of any axolotls anonymous meeting groups?! The happiness they give me is overwhelming! *faints*

.....Tehee! :wacko:

The only explanation I can think of is hypnotism! :grin:

Really jealous, It's slim pickings near me for anything other than Albinos. Can't wait to move in the new year, then I can dedicate a whole room to tanks and go on the hunt for more ;).

I'm not sure Axie Anonymous would help, I have a sneaking suspicion they'd just end up as opportunities for people to expand their collections!

FireStar

Reaction score
Haha, I know what you mean. I only have two tanks and my mum is freaking out that the house is going to turn into a zoo:p

The axolotl tank replaced the fruit bowl. That place is much more prettier to look at now :angel:

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
I have 5 tanks in my bedroom alone! Not all full of axolotls but still! My mums going mad, I can't quite believe I still live here!!

Smdee

Reaction score
They stare at you with those big blank eyes and smile and you melt :D. Axolotl mind trickery.

Sounds adorable!!! Can't wait to see some pictures :)

FX1C

Reaction score
Hi Neeka & thank you for sharing :D

My name is Nikki and I'm an Axolotlaholic... I too have fallen prey to their hypnotic mind games.... I can feel them programming me every time I look at them - even in a picture.. >o_o<

I fear my house will become an axolotl refuge & respite home :) and the best thing I can say is that I no longer live at home & there's no one to tell me that I can't ;) woohoo :D

<3 >o_o< <3

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Axolotlism...like a religion! ....Having said that, it might as well be. I don't know about you lot but I worship the ground mine walk on.....usually with a turkey baster or siphon but it's worship all the same!!

jasper408

Reaction score
Axolotls are illegal here. That sure puts a damper on axie addiction. :(

madink

Reaction score
They are addictive. My kids thinks its mad :0 they say I spend more time watching axies tha with them. If only my kids had gills & those cute wee legs LOL ...

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Axolotls are illegal here. That sure puts a damper on axie addiction. :(

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that :( At least you have the option to keep other babies!

They are addictive. My kids thinks its mad :0 they say I spend more time watching axies tha with them. If only my kids had gills & those cute wee legs LOL ...

LMAO! I wait for the day I have children and have to share my time equally - It will not be easy! My mum thinks I'm mad! I'll sit there looking through pictures of them on my camera going "OH! Look at that face!!, squealing my head off and she'll just look at me like "you really need to get out more..." But if I go out more, I won't be able to see my babies! LOL

FX1C

Reaction score
LMAO! I wait for the day I have children and have to share my time equally - It will not be easy! My mum thinks I'm mad! I'll sit there looking through pictures of them on my camera going "OH! Look at that face!!, squealing my head off and she'll just look at me like "you really need to get out more..." But if I go out more, I won't be able to see my babies! LOL

Neeka your mum should be very happy you are home with your axies :) - there's so much trouble out in the big wide world - I'd be overjoyed you had such an interest / hobby & such a cool one at that :D

<3 >o_o< <3

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
That's what I say! At least I'm not out and about making a nuisance of myself like so many other people my age! It probably sounds mad but I think I've learned more from my amphibians in the past year than I did having 10 years + at school!

CJ1981

Reaction score
Haha, I know what you mean. I only have two tanks and my mum is freaking out that the house is going to turn into a zoo:p

The axolotl tank replaced the fruit bowl. That place is much more prettier to look at now :angel:

I should imagine the Axies are far more active than your average apple too ;)

CJ1981

Reaction score
Axolotlism...like a religion! ....Having said that, it might as well be. I don't know about you lot but I worship the ground mine walk on.....usually with a turkey baster or siphon but it's worship all the same!!

I'm beginning to have sympathy with David Icke only I think he missed the mark slightly, it's not giant alien Reptoids from Draco that have infiltrated mankind and rule the earth it's Axolotls! :ufo:

Morrison

Reaction score
It's axopoopl magic.
They look at you, without blinking and they go: >o_0< *feed me, love me face*
And you go like: awwww... And THEN....
"TAKE ALL MY MONEY! I'LL TAKE ALL THE AXOFLOOPLS!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1