Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Pacific tree frogs

water dawg

Reaction score
I can tell my tree frog is pregnent she really fat at the sides even if i dont feed her how do i get her to lay eggs ??:confused: ohh i dont starve her just didnt feed her all day just to see if was over weght and cought her on some mountains in vegas!

FrogEyes

Reaction score
She's not pregnant. The vast majority of frogs do not fertilize their eggs until they are laid. That includes Pacific chorus frogs. If the eggs are still in the body, they're basically just stored nutrients and won't be laid or develop into anything without a male to court and fertilize as they're laid.

Chorus frogs in Vegas will be Baja California chorus frogs, Pseudacris hypochondriaca.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1