Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Another baby - Meet Gideon! :)

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
So I was at my LFS today and noticed they had a tiny little Axolotl.. It's gills are small and it looks underweight so of course I had to bring it home.. ??
Meet Gideon! I had to make a divider to to put in their plastic container because I was afraid Jabu or Kipp might snap at him, they're both pretty big in comparison.
It looks like a wild type to me, I'm not 100% sure.. But it has the cutest little nose freckles and I'm so in love! ?
d84605ae21359439b901fadb29e66daa.jpg

Donna001

Reaction score
Axolotls are addictive, and one that adorable could never be left at LFS.
Gideon is such a cutie. :love::happy:

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
Axolotls are addictive, and one that adorable could never be left at LFS.
Gideon is such a cutie. :love::happy:

Sooooo addictive! ? I'm already saving and planning to buy a 75 gallon long tank that I've been eyeing at Petsmart hahah..
Thank you! ? ? Such a cute little guy.. There's no way I could have left that sweet face all alone!

Karatts

Reaction score
Sooooo addictive! ? I'm already saving and planning to buy a 75 gallon long tank that I've been eyeing at Petsmart hahah..
Thank you! ? ? Such a cute little guy.. There's no way I could have left that sweet face all alone!

You could get a tank from Petco! They have a dollar per gallon sale every year! Not sure if they have that near you though, hehe.

SammyTheLotus

Reaction score
You could get a tank from Petco! They have a dollar per gallon sale every year! Not sure if they have that near you though, hehe.

That would be awesome but there's no Petco where I live! :( Just a Petsmart and some other locally owned fish stores! A dollar a gallon is CRAZY, a 75 gallon plus stand at Petsmart here is almost $600! :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1