Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help!...let there be light!!!

beetrootblue

Reaction score
I am making my own lid for Marleys new tank at the weekend and i have no idea of what type of light to fix. Ive seen blue/moon lights / tropical fish lights / daylight lights etc and they are all sorts of wattage. Needs to light a 36"x12"x12" tank.

Can anyone suggest a good one and where i can get it from?:confused:

I want to make sure i get it right for Marley as i'd hate to blind the little fella!

Cheers x

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Head to your local fish store and look for the fluorescent light fixtures (they give off less heat than incandescent bulbs) that go on aquarium hoods. They should have one there that fits that tank size perfect. Regardless of what light you go with make sure there are plenty of hides for Marley, axolotls don't like alot of light.

madFrankie

Reaction score
I have a 48" tank and I use a Hagen Aqua-Glo 40W fluoro tube. It's not too bright, my axies don't mind it when it's on and it helps my plants grow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!