Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from North Carolina!

jennaxpaige

Reaction score
My name is Jenna. I just signed up because I am very interested in axolotls. My parents had two corn snakes that they kept in a ten gallon tank but the snakes have since died and I am interested in having an animal. I am not very experienced with aquatic animals - the only amphibian I've had is an African Dwarf Frog of six years. I did some research and I have grown fairly attached to axolotls. I would only keep one in the ten gallon, but I still need some help. Like I said, I've done previous Internet research, but I would feel much more comfortable with an axolotl owner explaining the care process and tank requirements. Also, I am having trouble finding a pet store that sells axolotls near me. ( I live in Charlotte, North Carolina ) I prefer the black wild type, but I am happy with whatever I end up with. Thank you!

AuSu

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You can find great information under the axolotl section and I suppose there's even a caresheet. Take a look also to the For sale section, there might be some available from reliable breeders near you. Or set your own "wanted" post (not sure if you need to have five posts before you can do it). This is a great community!

emmaie892000

Reaction score
My name is Jenna. I just signed up because I am very interested in axolotls. My parents had two corn snakes that they kept in a ten gallon tank but the snakes have since died and I am interested in having an animal. I am not very experienced with aquatic animals - the only amphibian I've had is an African Dwarf Frog of six years. I did some research and I have grown fairly attached to axolotls. I would only keep one in the ten gallon, but I still need some help. Like I said, I've done previous Internet research, but I would feel much more comfortable with an axolotl owner explaining the care process and tank requirements. Also, I am having trouble finding a pet store that sells axolotls near me. ( I live in Charlotte, North Carolina ) I prefer the black wild type, but I am happy with whatever I end up with. Thank you!

I'm also in NC, near Asheville. I don't think many places here have them, just not a common pet here.
I'm planning on buying one from someone trustworthy on here eventually, once I get the tank set up.
The black ones are called melanoids, I'm planning on getting one of that variety as well :p
Welcome!

jennaxpaige

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I was a little confused about the color names and such so thank you for clearing that up! :happy: I'm still a little confused as to how this website works and I can't find the for sale section :( If you find a breeder with extra axolotls let me know! :p

JetMouth

Reaction score
If you click on the forum index link at the top of the page, it will take you to a list of the posting categories. Scroll down to the section listed For Sale and click on the USA link. In order to post (either on someone else's ad or to create your own), you have to have made at least 5 posts in other areas (like this one :happy:). Hope that helps and welcome to the site!

LConrad68

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I know I'm posting late, but I wanted to say I am from North Carolina as well. I live in Gastonia, which is just west of Charlotte, so we're neighbors! :D

Donna001

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I spent a lot of time on this site as a guest before getting my axolotls, and the information and experience available on the forum is brilliant. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!