Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello, I'm new!

CcmndrAxy

Reaction score
Hey, guys! I currently own a one and a half year old axolotl named Cobra Commander. He's possible wild or melanoid type (dont feel like I've seen enough of each type to tell). He was given to us by a friend who was moving across the country and couldn't transport him. I just recently found this amazingly awesome forum and am learning so so much (also becoming paranoid because I read the sick axolotl forum too much lol).

Before this site I really didn't know much other than what to feed him and how often. We now have a fan set up on his tank that reduced the temperature to his optimal temp and bought tall plants to block some of the flow from the filter to reduce water turbulence. Just these minor changes have made a drastic change in him!

All in all glad to be here and so glad that is platform exists so we can all learn and help each other be the best axolotl parents we can be! :D

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum. :happy:

If you have any pictures of your axolotl we'd love to see them.

brightstar34

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the site! I'm also glad this site exists you can learn so much and people are here to help you with your questions. I just recenly bought two axolots so i'm learning everything. I would love to see a picture of your axo :3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!