Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Frog with a severely damaged leg

Hookwyrm

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, please forgive me!

Anyway, I made a pond in my garden when I was like 8 and now I'm 20 and I've pretty much grown up with the frogs and newts that live there, I've always been fascinated with them. Today I noticed that one of the new ones is swimming weirdly, like he was struggling to stay afloat and when I got a closer look it turns out that one of his legs is hanging by just a scrap of skin... You can see the bones and the flesh and everything...

I'm pretty upset about it and I would like to know if there's anything I can do for him? I don't think I could bring myself to put him out of his misery, even if it looks like that might be what's best for him... The other frogs scare him away from the places where he can rest and I don't want to handle him much for fear of hurting him more. :c

Please any help would be really appreciated, I want to do something for him if I can... He's just a common pond frog so there's nowhere to take him in. :c

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!