Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Started buiding aquaterrarium

stavroske

Reaction score
A good week ago I made a dripping system above the wall. The wall staid very dry and spraying twice a day didn't seem to work to keep it wet enough.
During the first week, I discovered that compaktuna is not that waterproof as they say it is. The water began to rise behind the wall and started to leak from above into my land area. Because of that I had to remove the humus and replace it by stones. Even with removing the humus, I still have the feeling I made an improvement on the tank. Here are some new photo's:

DSC04496Medium.jpg

DSC04492Medium.jpg

DSC04490Medium.jpg

DSC04489Medium.jpg

DSC04488Medium.jpg

DSC04487Medium.jpg

DSC04486Medium.jpg

Kind regards,

Steven

blazinhigh

Reaction score
WOW that is a awesome tank...
Was just surfing to find inspiration to my own aquaterrarium project and fortunately I found this site with your posting which confirmed me that a selfmade is the way to go..

thx for the excellent posting ;)

stavroske

Reaction score
Update:

For so far I didn't manage to keep the moss alive. Even the F. pumila didn't grow and most of it died. I'm not sure what the reason is, but I think I use the wrong lightspectrum. In my new home (we move end of this month) I'll try it all over again by using real daylight and real rainwater. If the tank survives the moving...

Kind regards,

Steven

Nettuno

Reaction score
Update:

For so far I didn't manage to keep the moss alive. Even the F. pumila didn't grow and most of it died. I'm not sure what the reason is, but I think I use the wrong lightspectrum. In my new home (we move end of this month) I'll try it all over again by using real daylight and real rainwater. If the tank survives the moving...

Kind regards,

Steven

hi to everybody!
have read all of your post, very interesting, and I congratulate me for your beautiful job! exceptional!
Did I want to ask you as you/he/she has gone exposing out the tub to the open one?
have you had problems of algas?

stavroske

Reaction score
Re: Started building aquaterrarium

Hey Nettuno,

Unfortunately I didn't manage to move the aquarium to my new home without breaking of the wall. It was way to heavy, caused by the water behind the wall.

Kind regards,

Steven

Nettuno

Reaction score
I am making me also pick me up from the desire to build a vivarium of it for mine 100 liters aquarium, for my carnifex and marmoratus.

stavroske

Reaction score
I am making me also pick me up from the desire to build a vivarium of it for mine 100 liters aquarium, for my carnifex and marmoratus.

Nettuno I hope it's not a shared aqua for both T. marmoratus and T. carnifex. Beware that they will mate with each other...

Best wishes,

Steven

Goobs

Reaction score
Wow that tank is icredible!!

Is that a special type of expanding foam for quariums or standard filler foam??

frogman

Reaction score
That is the most amazing terrarium i have ever seen in my entire life!!!!!!! Good job!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!