Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi, I'm new. Meet my sallie!

Teeglor

Reaction score
Hello.

My name is Teighlor and the images shown are of my beloved tiger salamander. I joined this group back in January but this is my first time using it. :happy:

I found my tiger back in September of 2014. I have learned quite a lot about tiger salamanders since then, and they have become a bit of an obsession of mine.

I also have turtles! :D 3 red eared sliders and 1 oachita map.

The enclosure I have for my salamander is quite large, so I plan on getting him a bunk mate this spring.

Attachments

• tiger_on_the_prowl_by_teeglor-d8nif9k.jpg
    tiger_on_the_prowl_by_teeglor-d8nif9k.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 243
  • mushrooms_by_teeglor-d8obr1h.jpg
    mushrooms_by_teeglor-d8obr1h.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 215
  • who_s_there___by_teeglor-d8obr9y.jpg
    who_s_there___by_teeglor-d8obr9y.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 233

Teeglor

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about the layout of the site. Can someone give me some tips? Also, I noticed some members can have photos by their usernames. Is that a privileged thing or can juniors also have that? How is it done?

*edit

I think I figured out the profile pic, just need to get a feel for the site now.

Last edited:

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the site!
Almost everything in your profile can be edited by clicking on UserCP in the green bar at the top of the page. :)

Mozza

Reaction score
Welcome to he forum, I'm also a tiger salamander owner I think there awesome ?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupot1610

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I usually stick to european species but sometimes I can be tempted by other species, and I think I may have to find my self some captive bred tiger salamamders later this year !

Teeglor

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I usually stick to european species but sometimes I can be tempted by other species, and I think I may have to find my self some captive bred tiger salamamders later this year !
I definitely recommended them! They are very easy to keep and quite beautiful. My guy seems to have a lot of personality, that's for sure. I'm starting to be tempted to get more breeds of sallies as well lol.

Teeglor

Reaction score
You're set up and tiger salamander are awesome! Are those mushrooms real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! He seems to be happy in it. The mushrooms aren't real. Currently everything in his enclosure is artificial, as when I was using real wood and plants he kept getting soil mites which began to irritate him. :( I try to make it as natural looking for him as possible though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!