Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Orangina floating bum up

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hope you are all well. I haven't posted for absolutely ages, but wanted to ask if anybody has some ideas why Orangina's bum is up. He sometimes does this anyway, but now he has been doing it for most of the time for the last 3 days, so am a bit worried. He does manage to get his bum down as well, but for some reason doesn't do it much.

I also want to add that Orangina is very old, nearly 12 years old.

He had some dry food (10 small pellets) 4 days ago,and yesterday he had cricket, so his appetite is normal. Water change as normal.

Otherwise he seems ok. Any ideas? I remember about 10 years ago I had to give a little tummy massage to my previous axie to get rid of excess gas in her tummy.

Should I worry? Many thanks in advance :) Have a great day everybody

Attachments

• Orangina bum up.jpg
    Orangina bum up.jpg
    949.3 KB · Views: 235

Nativenewt

Reaction score
Maybe compaction and air like you suggested? But it seems like you know how to take care of these animals, so maybe its just getting old. I would wait and see what happens.

sherrisixxx

Reaction score
Many thanks Nativenewt :) . Glad to report Orangina is back on his feet again :) . Little tummy massage and instead of giving him big meals, I give him small meals more often to try to avoid any excess gas in his little tummy :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!