Who said size doesn't matter �� Does dwarfism effect axolotls?

Marnee

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have 3 gorg boys.... luekistic, , black melanoid and a maybe brindle same birth time as or black but... 1/3 of the length... who said size doesn't matter...
his name is Tyrian. After the game of thrones character... he was always smaller .
But as he grew, his apparent brother....bought from a pet shop, grew normally but this cutie didn't.
Same diet, similar conditions. As when they were small they had individual talks.
About a year ago both of them were introduced to the big tank w the big boy Ninious.
So my question is.... does dwarfism effect axilotil.
He looks healthy, head same size as others and when I work out how to post photos I'll show you what I'm talking about.
Regardless, he's super cute and kept In a 3ft tank so it's not his enclosure.
We do have a gravel base but not introduced to that tank until big enough to pass it.
The others r completely normal.
He looks fat because if his length.
I'm hoping to post photo let's c how I go.
Thanks for the membership.
I really appreciate any comments. You guys r great. It's takin me a while to b brave enough to post on your site but I've been reading for ages.
I'll telly u guys about a rescue we did recently next... but Tyrian needs the attention atm.
Cheers from Australia.
Marnee ??

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 111
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back