Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Busy Times

wargar

Reaction score
Hi

Thought I would share a few photos of my busy time ahead.

This is one of the eft tanks (there are 4) that I was cleaning out.

wargar-albums-wargar-s-newts-salamanders-picture25821-fire-sals-efts-2.jpg

This is how it normally looks

wargar-albums-wargar-s-newts-salamanders-picture25822-fire-sals-eft-setup.jpg

They like to hide and a place to get lots of cover, I have also noticed they seem to like a small current in there and will often seem to be playing in and out of the flow by the pump.

A close up

wargar-albums-wargar-s-newts-salamanders-picture25819-sal-eft-close-up.jpg

Finally when they morph they are going into setups like this, 5 to a box so I can monitor there feeding and growth easier,

wargar-albums-wargar-s-newts-salamanders-picture25820-young-sals.jpg

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice! I can´t wait to keep this species although i´m not sure i´m looking forward to being as bussy as you are going to be xD
The slight current thing doesn´t surprise me, in the wild larvae are typically deposited in pools in small streams, troughs and other water bodies with slight currents. They are very versatile but given the choice females seem to prefer such conditions for the larvae. My hypothesis is they do this because water bodies with small currents provide more disolved oxygen and lower temps than stagnant water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!