Need help naming our new Axie!

Brachi

Reaction score
Country
United States
1604921_10151774584571599_1299073607_n.jpg
1011799_10151774584601599_748525462_n.jpg

Brought this little one home yesterday! My fiance and I are having trouble figuring out a good name that goes with our theme. Since our first fur-kid, Candy, we've been sticking with the candy theme (Candy's nickname is, wait for it...Candycane). Jellybean is our little black kitten, and so we're on to this one! Here's some that we've come up with:

Nougat
Peppermint
Twizzler
Jolly Rancher
Hot Tamale
Starburst
Gobstopper

We'd love to hear your suggestions/votes! Anything along the lines of white chocolate or around the color pink because of the color (or lack thereof) that comes with being leucistic axie!

Yes he's albino (pink eyes)
I'd go with Peppermint.

He reminds me of cotton candy :). Sherbet or marshmellow would also be kinda cute!

It not along the lines of candy but when I looked at he/she the first name that came to me was lychee after the fruit or Vo Vo (iced VoVo). I also like peppermint :happy:

Well poop. I hope to goodness none of my past professors saw me mix that up. I did know that s/he's an albino, but I kept wanting to say leucistic. Probably because it's a nifty word. :p

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll keep you all updated on which one we pick when my fiance gets home! =)

Yes! We call it Candy Floss - you could call her Flossy! Of course that doesn't work it it's a boy....

We call it fairy floss but it's a little too girly so I thought Americans call it cotton candy haha. Girl names for boys still cute.. I've had a girl called José and I'm pretty sure Carlos is a girl! Hopefully Pedro and Pablo turn out to be boys. Fingers crossed!

It sounds like Peppermint is the way we're going. Eventually we'll name something Cotton Candy (I really wanted to get a Chinchilla and name it that xD). Thanks everyone for the suggestions and votes! We'll keep the other names in mind too, they're all so good!

Well poop. I hope to goodness none of my past professors saw me mix that up. I did know that s/he's an albino, but I kept wanting to say leucistic. Probably because it's a nifty word. :p

I used to get it confused a lot too! No worries :3

The French for Cotton Candy is 'Barbe Au Papa' (Daddy's Beard) so you could call him/her Barbie as a reference :) You could also maybe call him/her Dream, which is a kind of white chocolate bar sold in the UK. Other white chocolate brands include MilkyBar, Caramac, Aero, KitKat (maybe Kitty...?) or maybe Cookies and Cream, which is a KitKat flavour that is half milk and half white chocolate. You can also get white chocolate Panna Cottas, cheesecakes and cakes, although I guess that would need a snappier name.

I like Flump though :)

Going along the French for Cotton Candy you could call him Barbapapa after that weird cartoon character. He's the pink one!!
http://www.barbapapa.fr/

Also how about Pinkie Pie, Flossy, Pinkamena

Chris

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

I'd go with zero, like the candy bar or the name of jack skellingtons dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas

Nice MLP references!

I'm going to have to write all of these down. You guys are awesome! We went with Peppermint, but if he ever gets a sibling now we have lots of names to choose from. :)

I'm tempted to put one of our Pinkie blind bag ponies next to the tank for a picture. x3

My tarantulas and land snails all have blind bag ponies in with them! Also named my first tarantula Octavia.
Nice to see I'm not the only Brony here *hoofbump*

Chris

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back