Red cherry shrimp

niajetze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
carrie
Has anyone got any advise on the care/ breeding of red cherry shrimp I have read advise from the net but was hoping some of you guys can give me some tried/tested methods. I currently have 10 (mixture of males and females) in a 60litre tank, well planted with sand the temp is 18c and the tank is currently ph 7.4 amonia 0.25 (max as the colour is between 0 and 0.25) nitrite 0 and nitrate 20. Their are no other creatures in the tank but these. also how old before they start to breed they are a little under a cm and do the babies need to be separated some websites say they do others say they dont

THANKS!!

I have had ghost shrimp breed fine, I think that nitrates a bit high.Make sure they have java moss, and they should be fine in that tank, babys and all. and I think they stay smallso I would imagine yours are mature but I dont really know.

just bump up the temperature to about 74 degrees. as soon as there over a half inch they will start to breed. they're realy easy to breed, i'm using my babies to feed baby bettas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back