Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Food issue for CFBN larvae!?

Zhinigami

Reaction score
Help!
During december i bought a few CFBN and now one of them have started to lay eggs, and i found some harched larvaes in the aquaria but i dont know really what how to feed them!?
Here is what i got as food options

•Mealworms (very much to big But might work with just the organs?)
•Frozen daphnia, But im not sure how to feed it .
•living fruit flies and/or bean bugs, only organs then i guess.
•pond water from the pond in My garden, i dont got Any daphnia net and im not sure how much life there is since its still a bit ice on it and that it have been a harsch winter.
•frozen red mosquito larvae, they are in a very good size.
•wild insects if i can find Any in the garden forest.

That is kind of it and i would love to have some tips on what/how to feed them and Any tips you got on raising CFBN larvae and eggs!

Zhinigami

Reaction score
thank you :D any tips and so is still appreciated however !
especially of how to feed frozen food/daphnia :p

otolith

Reaction score
Once the pond thaws you can use a piece of thin cloth as a filter and run pond water through that. You will be able to get even the smallest organisms and you won't have to buy a net. Works very well for getting adequate sized foods for tiny larvae.

Zhinigami

Reaction score
nice!
i tried it buyt it didn't work yet :(
well i were out before and took up some leaves and some algae in separate containers, hopefully i can get some daphnia from at least one of them.
i also used the time to catch some insects with live in the pond and gave them to my grown up CFBN as a little treat.

Zhinigami

Reaction score
haha well im actually about to try to let the larvae live together with live daphnias in a aquaria so that they can eat at all times ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!