Active Salamandra algira algira

Jari B

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
Jari Boerboom
This happy Salamandra algira algira is walking around in my outside terrarium. These odd temperatures out here in the Netherlands make this animal walking around even though he should start to hide for this winter. This male is in good shape and he has grown a lot this year.

crVqC.jpg

30D2W.jpg

42f5g.jpg

He is certainly a looker, really very nice. Well done :) I like Salamandra in all shapes and forms, there´s not a single species or subspecies i wouldn´t love to keep, hehe.
Now, share pictures of that tantalizing outdoor enclosure!!!

He is certainly a looker, really very nice. Well done :) I like Salamandra in all shapes and forms, there´s not a single species or subspecies i wouldn´t love to keep, hehe.
Now, share pictures of that tantalizing outdoor enclosure!!!

Here is a picture of the Salamandra algira algira outside enclosure:

om6BE.jpg

This is another Salamandra enclosure that I will use when some of my other animals have grown up:

LOm9g.jpg

This is at the otherside of the garden that me and my father made to grow moss for in my indoor enclosures. The wall is almost 4 meters wide.

RHfPn.jpg

O3KR0.jpg

Outstanding! I wish i was a salamander so i could get to live in one of those enclosures.
I´m a sucker for humid habitats and i can tell you i could spend entire days just delighting in the sight of those ferns and mosses.
What i wouldn´t give to have a garden like yours, man. My jealousy gland is close to bursting.
Thanks for sharing and congratulations for the beautiful habitats!

Many thanks for the compliments Azhael. I have 1.1.0 Salamandra algira algira and they are almost 3 years old, they have grown really huge since I put them in that outside enclosure.

Here are two pictures from me 1.1.0 Salamandra algira tingitana:

The female (probably pregnant):

RHLIt.jpg

g2mob.jpg

These are pictures from my Salamandra corsica, the first picture is from my adult male that is part of a breeding project right now. The last picture is a picture of my newly bought Salamandra corsica CB 2011 and they already take worms from my hand.

jcAQ5.jpg

AhCwl.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back