Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I'm still alive!

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
Okay, so here's the story. Because of business and religious reasons, our family moved to Jordan, Aqaba to be more specific. It's already pretty nice here, but getting here took an extremely long time. Left from ATL to Chicago, Chicago to Amman (The longest flight) and from Amman to Aqaba. We were supposed to leave on Monday, but back in the ATL airport, we missed our flight due to the baggage checkers taking too long. We left on Tuesday, and arrived yesterday. We brought our dogs with us, and our herps, we will be coming back for in two weeks. Really excited to go sight-seeing, (And herping ;)) and I won't be as active anymore, simply because we are really busy again. Once we get settled, I promise I will be more active, and make sure my herps are fine. See ya on the flip-side!

Tiger mom Tammy

Reaction score
You will be missed! :( But looking forward to your herping adventures (and pictures!!) when you get back! Best to you and your family my friend! :D

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
No, I mean, I'm already in Jordan, once we get settled I'll be more active, I'll still have short little check in's on this forum and frog forum

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
I know! Right by the red sea, and it's beautiful. Can't wait for three things: 1, my birthday is coming up, (10-31) 2, in two weeks my dad will go back to Georgia to pick up the herps, and 3, I can't wait to go herping! This place is a lizard lovers paradise, I would only keep two species that I find. Also, tons of house geckos where I am though, going to try to get pictures tommorow

Daimler

Reaction score
have fun:happy:
and save some neurergus from the isis! :D

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
To update this thread from the Amman airport, we will be going to Paris for our flight lay-over, and we will all be going to ATL, so I'll be able to report each of the herps as alive or dead once I get there. So excited!! Wish me luck!

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
To update this thread, Pretty much everything died. The only surviving members
were Lucy, Cliygh and Mia, Pirate, and my three Eastern newts and three Green
anoles. Really sucks, had spent a while even trying to get my hands on some
T.grans, and I was planning on breeding my tree-frogs:(

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
No-body, couldn't find anyone, so tried a last ditch effort of over feeding and watering them, so they would survive. Didn't work too well

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1