Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The best kitten

ChristineB

Reaction score
I thought some of you animal lovers might want to see my new kitten, Pepper. She's technically my 5-year-old daughter's kitten, but I LOVE this kitty. Super mellow and awesome with kids, snuggliest lap cat I ever had, and she follows me from room to room in the evenings. Plus, she has great torbie markings, with a pink stripe down her lower lip that gives her a funny smile.

Attachments

• 11921774_10207822934556065_4342875441799556568_o (1).jpg
    11921774_10207822934556065_4342875441799556568_o (1).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 277

Tiger mom Tammy

Reaction score
Awwww. Makes me miss my cats! Just like sith the turtle, I was allergic to my boyfriends ( now my husband ; ) cat. He offered to find her a new home, but I couldn't let him do that so for 2 1/2 years I woke up every day sneezing, watery swollen eyes until one day it stopped! :eek: I built up a natural immunity. So we got two more! :D But its not like this for everyone, depends on the degree of your allergic reaction so don't do what I did! Anyway, very happy for you. Cats are great pets too :happy:

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
Well my allergy to cats flares up my asthma, so I don't think it's something I can build up a natural immunity to though. I inherited this rom my dad, he was the same, lost his asthma around 10-12 when I did, but cats we still can go around. I may be okay with hairless cats though...

Tiger mom Tammy

Reaction score
Asthma sucks. I was able to ditch mine for 10 years but came back this year. The vog from the big island triggered it again :( hairless cats might work :D BTW. Forgot to mention pepper is very cute.Thanks for sharing!

ChristineB

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! BTW, my husband has mild asthma and had mild allergies to both cats and dogs, but also lost his allergies on exposure to shorthaired cats. He has trouble with fluffy ones sometimes. He can also handle our shrimpy short-haired dogs (Chihuahua and runt mini Rat Terrier) and poodles but gets sniffley around hairy spaniel types. Autumncrossing, I'm glad you also have the best kitty. ;-) Coincidentally, several of us may have the "best" children as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1