A different sal in the batch-help ID! (photos)

P

paris

i have a group of fire sals i got off the pet trade-got them in 3 different orders.

15082.jpg

i presume all to be S s salamandra-and they all look it except this one....
15083.jpg

so here are some pics from different angles
15084.jpg

15085.jpg

and the head shot-it looks to me that the nose is more pointed that the rest
15086.jpg

so what do you guys think-i dont know alot about fires-is this a different ssp or just a nominate variant?

I think it's a s. s. salamandra. Some of mine have got spots on their belly. Do you know where they come from?
Ciao

no idea-its WC off the pet trade via an importer in Florida-i am presuming they,like most WC imported, are from Russia.

however colour varies a lot in this species. My s. s. salamandra have quite different colour patterns even if they come from the same place
happy.gif
Ciao

Typical S.s. salamandra to me. I think most imports in the US should come from eastern Europe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back