I'm a new comer :)

naomihelenn

Reaction score
Country
England
Hello, I bought my first axolotl about 2 months ago, an albino that was named Rosa, until recently I realised she was actually a HE...
Anyhow, I changed his name to Jinxy and decided he looked lonely...so I got him a girlfriend. He was originally my mums bt was twice the size of her other 3 and took quite a few legs off so I bought a 2ft by 1ft tank and took him on. Hes a real aggressive feeder so when I went to get him a girlfriend I asked would it be safe and theynsaid as long as she was a similar size or bigger. So I have just picked her up, named her Mudkip, shes a wile type and about 17cm whereas Jinxy is more like 15cm. So heres to hoping all goes well. Mum has said if it doesn't go well she can take Mudkip though i really think it will be fine.
Jinxy
avuzy9ar.jpg

Mudkip
u3ezuru9.jpg

I am hoping to breed if they get on. Gonna leave her to heal up a bit she looks to have been eaten poor girl. Missing a few toes on her back foot and one of gills seems to have been stripped. Think she was kept with fish the pet store was saying.

Anyway hope to hear from you guys and looking forward to learning about these interesting critters :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

welcome ':) I'm new too, had my axies for just over a month now. I've no intention of breeding them though so if they turn out to be male and femail one of them will get swapped at the fish shop :)
This forum is really helpful and very friendly, I don't know what I would have done without the help I've had and am getting on here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back