Question: Plastic Barbed fitting safe??

Aesyir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I am in the process of making a spraybar and I needed a barbed fitting to join my vinyl tube and pvc. I went to Home Depot and found a plastic barbed fitting. when I got home I noticed some text on the back, that says: "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.". I'm thinking thats some red flags if I have ever saw one but I just want to make sure because im not really in the mood to go online and buy a pvc one. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I have noticed alot of fake aquarium plants have this warning too not sure what that means though.

I did some research and supposedly it conforms to nsf 61 which means its safe for drinking water I think... if thats the case i guess its fine? What do you guys think?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back