Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

greetings, caudata.org!

Lauren

Ambystoma Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Lauren (as you may have guessed) I'm currently in the last painful days of my junior year of high school in Massachusetts, USA. This past semester I have been in an advanced biology class, which is my school's version of AP bio, except that we don't have to teach to a specific curriculum. One of the requirements of the class is that we write two 30-page research papers on a topic relevant to what we are learning in class, and one of my friends wrote his about regeneration. Naturally, axolotls and newts were central in his paper. All of my classmates, after reading his paper, have become absolutely enthralled with these amazing creatures, which has spurred me to join this forum. Just to give you an idea of the intensity of adv bio, we are doing an ongoing experiment that will likely run through next school year studying the effects of triclosan on the development of frogs, integrating levels of triclosan currently present in area lakes and streams, and ultimately we want to predict when triclosan levels in these bodies of water will become highly problematic.
I guess you could say I'm the representative for my class on this website, and our "animal of choice" is the axolotl.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, Lauren. The topic of regeneration is also what got me hooked on newts - a mere 25 years ago!

I haven't seen any specific discussions of triclosan on this forum, but I'm sure we'd be interested in hearing the results of your project. And if you have any general questions about axolotls or newts, you've come to the right place;)

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
HI!

Hi Lauren you're from my neck of the woods, im in Rhode Island. Good to see other New Englanders on the forum, there isn't many. Look forward to hearing from you on the forum!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Triclosan is one of my pet peeves. It's in everything in the US now-a-days, even toothpaste and hand soap. Thankfully I don't remember seeing it around much in Europe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!