Do we have...

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Display Name
Sharon
... a glossary page? A definition of terms of words of common usage on our site?

Caudate,
amphibian,
herptile,
vivarium,
terrarium
paludarium

I used to know the definitions of all those words and now have a sense of what they mean but I can only imagine the confusion of a newbie reading that one persons' newt is kept in a vivarium but person b keeps theirs in a terrarium.

I did a search for "glossary of terms" but didn't get anything.

Alas, the glossary project is languishing. Would anyone care to pick it up, dust it off, and set it back in motion?

Hey Dawn! Thats' not quite what I was looking for. I look up singular words all the time
e and when reading advanced topics I'm frequently searching wikipedia or websters for definitions. Which doesn't help me in comprehending the current post, etc.

If I & newbs had a single page we could keep open - maybe that would help 1. our comprehension, 2. comprehension of our replies! lol.

I'd be happy to help with a glossary page if help is needed.

If I & newbs had a single page we could keep open - maybe that would help
That is the goal of the glossary project. After most of the words are defined, they will all be compiled into one page and posted on CC (or maybe we could even have a pop-open page link on the forum somehow).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back