Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Rep

JoeTurtleKing

Reaction score
What must i do to get my rep to go up? I wish i had at least a little rep its kinda sad to have none:lame:

JoeTurtleKing

Reaction score
Provide good advice and use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation and it should go up.
Ive been trying :p but ill keep trying and hope some one asks about turtles so i can give some good advice

madeve

Reaction score
It takes time. I've been here for a while and am always pleasantly surprised when I see I've gained another rep square.
I don't keep turtles or tortoises, unless there is a kind that stays small and cute forever.

oregon newt

Reaction score
Well, as you start to keep caudates, you'll gain experiece. Read some of the articles on caudata culture. Read the threads on here. You get knowledge as you go along. You seem to be an experienced herp keeper already having bred so many tutles.:p A turtle that stays cute forever? How about a box turlte! Maybe I'm a bit biased...

JoeTurtleKing

Reaction score
It takes time. I've been here for a while and am always pleasantly surprised when I see I've gained another rep square.
I don't keep turtles or tortoises, unless there is a kind that stays small and cute forever.

I geuss i just got to put my time in here and then ill get some rep i hope:p. As far as turtles and tortoises that stay small and cute forever how about pancake tortoises they stay small and they are flat and soo cute.....there are russian tortoises there small and cheap..... As for turtle there spotted turtles depends on where you live if they are legal to have and there are box turtles,revves turtles,mud turtles just to name a few:eek: that stay small and cute all are pertty cheap beside the pancake tortoises there about $225 and up but look them up there so awsome they stay flat and kinda soft like a pancake.

JoeTurtleKing

Reaction score
Well, as you start to keep caudates, you'll gain experiece. Read some of the articles on caudata culture. Read the threads on here. You get knowledge as you go along. You seem to be an experienced herp keeper already having bred so many tutles.:p A turtle that stays cute forever? How about a box turlte! Maybe I'm a bit biased...
I have been on caudata culture every day i love it theres sooo much info on there i cant get enough. And im with you on the box turtle being cute i used to have alot of them. And i think i got caudates pretty down packed but i dont want to give my advice on something some one asks because all my info is from books and caudata culture and not first hand experience.

madeve

Reaction score
No you can't see who left you rep. The reason why is so that if it is negative you cannot "return the favor" if you are not happy with it.

merk199

Reaction score
Honestly does anyone really notice or care about their rep score? Being on several other forums where I see rep abitrarily given. I just don't care what others think. Most of the time if you get negative rep its because of a personal reason, or someone disagrees with you. One thing I have learned is even if you have a lot of posts doen't make you an expert. I know plenty of people on other sites who have a couple thousand posts and aren't qualified on how to properly teach how to flush a toilet....;)

madeve

Reaction score
I actually believe that on this particular forum, the rep is not used arbitrarily. I've had a personal experience when I was given negative rep for the wrong reason and it was corrected by the moderators when I inquired about it.
I would take in the advice of someone with a high rep score on this forum as I believe they earned it.

merk199

Reaction score
Well if it required a mod to fix your negative rep then it was given abitrarily....:D I got a negative rep point and I read the comment and I laughed...Obviously the person who gave me the negative review is a genius in there own mind! I just let it go....

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually on this forum rep does mean something. And ferret_corner's answer is not wholly true - you do accrue rep points over time but it's slow. People with a lot of rep on this forum got it from giving lots of good advice and/or sharing interesting information. Personally I disabled my own because they haven't invented a rep scale that can handle my reputation :p.

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Personally I disabled my own because they haven't invented a rep scale that can handle my reputation :p.

And here we had the theory going that black rep was
a) Ultra- Mega- Supreme Caudate Interociter Overloard rank
b) Maxed Out
c) There because it looked "cool"

;)

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The pleasant surprise comes when you get a single rep point that packs a whopping punch. Some rep points are like striking lottery, heaps of points, meteor shower style, whereas the usual rep points takes time to accrue. All positive reps though are motivating and makes you feel your efforts are worthwhile.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Those with higher rep, and moderators, have more 'umph' when it comes to rep. If they give you a hit of rep, it counts for more, negative or positive.

ianclick

Reaction score
If you don't pay attention to it and give useful helpful advise then before you know it your reputation grows,
I would have thought that the main purpose of the site is the exchange of ideas and advice.

Joe now you have 2 rep squares and counting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!