Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Emails for new threads?

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
Similar to the way we receive emails if someone posts in a thread we are subscribed to, is there a way to have this email option done for certain sections. Meaning can I set my User CP to send me emails every time someone post a new thread in, for example, the Photo Gallery section?

Not is not exactly a overly important question, Just seeing if it is a option.

Mitch

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
This can be set up in the userCP section under the heading. "Edit Options" in the section "Default Thread Subscription Mode". It is a fairly limited function however. By doing this you will get an e-mail for every new post to a thread you have subscribed to. another option is to use the sites RSS function with google reader on your iGoogle homepage.

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my post above I knew about getting emails for subscribed threads. My question was is there any similar notifications for new threads, which your second suggest hit the mark. This was exactly what I was looking for. Some quick way to see the newest post without being subscribed to them or visiting the site. I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!