Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: We have different way to keep axolotls in China

lingkongczx

Reaction score

Kms124

Reaction score
Re: ◆We have different way to keep axolotls in China◆

Wow- you have a lot of talent and skill when it comes to this! Beautiful tank set ups- adorable axolotls and thank you for providing a different insight to how keep axolotls. I never thought of building a tank- That is something I am very interested in trying in the future. Not to mention the backgrounds you make are beautiful- everything looks so nice. All the axolotls look so happy too!

Thank you for sharing! You just sparked some inspiration for me. Sometime in the future I think I want to try and make my own tank. It makes it so much more... WOW!

Great work!

lingkongczx

Reaction score
回复: Re: ◆We have different way to keep axolotls in China◆

Thank you!
Wow- you have a lot of talent and skill when it comes to this! Beautiful tank set ups- adorable axolotls and thank you for providing a different insight to how keep axolotls. I never thought of building a tank- That is something I am very interested in trying in the future. Not to mention the backgrounds you make are beautiful- everything looks so nice. All the axolotls look so happy too!

Thank you for sharing! You just sparked some inspiration for me. Sometime in the future I think I want to try and make my own tank. It makes it so much more... WOW!

Great work!

pillowface

Reaction score
New to these guys. But wow awesome axolotls. I plan on trying your method out also. Thanks for the info.

lingkongczx

Reaction score
It have been two years since I sent this post, I see there are more and more ones only have bare-bottomed tanks and that make me very happy----to reduce the threat to life.:kiss::kiss:

Bluemoonjo

Reaction score
You take such amazing pictures, your Axolotls are beautiful!!

I saw someone mentioning the filter. Check this site Hope I'm getting this link right. It is a site that ships directly from China. I took a peek and some of the sponge filters look similar. I order from this site fairly often and have never had any problems. Been planning on checking out the aquarium supplies offered actually, just have taken the time. Shipping can be slow, but most stuff comes in about 3 weeks. Be sure to check around, different sellers have different prices.

axokicker

Reaction score
the pictures and the information from this article is amazing thank you very much for posting it

JonS8791

Reaction score
Great post Ling! Only 4 of the images will load now though, any way to fix that? I'd love to see more!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1