Translation question about word "newt"

AuSu

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Display Name
Auli
So, I ended up in a baby/toddler site with "newt" in search (in pinterest). I looked at the Finnish-English translator if it has other meanings than a salamander but didn't find any. Is this a common word to use when talking about small children or did I spell something wrong...? :)

It's an unusual thing to call a baby/small child, tadpole is more common,. but people often use unusual terms to be different, or it might be a nickname she uses for her kids.

Ok, thanks! I didn't even know that tadpole is used, variations are a bit different in every language. A bit wiser again ;)

People use all kinds of animal names to refer to babies, and sometimes even adults. Lamb, lambie, puppy, kid, kiddies, kitten, etc . I sometimes call someone, for example, "Megan-otter" if I am happy to see them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back