New little leucistic baby & adult wildtype female!

Karayna

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yesterday I welcomed two new lotls! From one to three in no time... The adult female, Kip (my nephew named her Mudkip, but Kip for short), is getting along amazingly well with my first axolotl, Axel. She's the one in the cave.

The baby, Mini, is only 6 centimeters (~2.4 inches) and is eating very well (bloodworms and tiny earthworm pieces)! (S)he just moved into a 15 gallon with a pre-cycled sponge filter, and will go with the others as soon as he/she is fully grown. It will be so great to see the development!

It's really fun to see their different personalities... Kip is bold and bossy, not scared of me at all, while Axel is careful and shy! Mini is tiny but unafraid. I feed him/her with my fingers and even moved him/her from a plastic box to the new tank with my hands!!

Attachments

• 2017-04-08 20.31.42.jpg
    2017-04-08 20.31.42.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 2017-04-08 13.06.21.jpg
    2017-04-08 13.06.21.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 360
It reminds me about when i got mine and she was about 2" and before i knew it she was already 4"

The way (s)he eats, I'm not surprised if I wake up to a 4" tomorrow!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back