Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: What substrates can be used for a mandarin salamander?

cat_lady

Reaction score
Having trouble with the amount of small flies in Abes tank due to the compost, and wondered what alternatives there were?

louise

Reaction score
I use eco earth for my adults with moss from the garden, but my juveniles are still on damp kitchen towel.

jbherpin

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reptile-Earth...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

This? How often does it need changing? Don't suppose you know of any females needing homes, do you?

I'd gladly take a female...I live in the USA though. That might compromise shipping!

I use sphagnum moss mixed with bark and leaves. The down-side is that it has to be changed out every 3-4 months to ensure quality. However, my adult seems to thrive in this type of substrate!

-jbherpin-

cat_lady

Reaction score
Think you misread; I'm looking for a female not offering one!

So I could use sphagnum moss and wood chippings and (I have a snake that needs them anyway) it would be just as effective as the potting compost?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!