Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

ISO Axie Owner in Seattle

bruiser1

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Deborah, I live 30 min North of Seattle. I have 2 male axolotls and I've been searching for a female for quite a while but all the ones I see for sale are too young to tell. I'm hoping to find someone nearby who has a female and is looking to sell her or breed her. My boys are both wildtypes.

Rory is darker, almost black, and GFP. My best friend and I bought him from a teeny, tiny pet store the day after Christmas so now we share custody. Cthulhu is a lot lighter and he is just mine. He was a rescue, a friend called and said her roommate was selling a baby axie but the sale fell through and he didn't have a tank or anywhere to go. While he was growing up I thought he was the ugliest little thing. He was a light, dishwater color. It never mattered to me; I can love an ugly baby, but then he grew up and he developed these gorgeous dark spots. He's still the same color underneath but now he looks like a cheetah. I'm really pleased with how he turned out.

If you've got a female axie and you want to sell or breed, I'm always up to chat.

Sorry that the kids aren't terribly photogenic
20180128_034140.jpg
20180207_212216.jpg
20180207_212226.jpg
20180207_212236.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1