What kind of grubs?

J

jesse

i found these grubs in my compost heap. i dont know what kind of grubs they are, they are rougly 1.5 inches long, i plan on feeding them to my mudpuppy, they have no chemicals since i have my compost heap enclosed and i dont use chemicals on it. any info would be appreciated.

sorry the pics didit load, but basically these things look like really big, really thick meal worms. they have pincers on their back ends, and have very sharp mandibles on their front ends. they seem to have a very thick yellowish keratin coating.

Even entomologists have difficulty keying out grubs of various species of beetle, a pic might be nice but unless it has some characteristics that are very distinguishing(like a red nose and antlers) I think it'll be pretty tough. The alternative is to raise it, but I guess that defeats the purpose
happy.gif

Could it be like a superworm or kingworm? (don't know to much about bugs but pet stores sell those and they look like mealworms.) But cut off it's head before you feed it, I have a superworm kill an adult bearded dragon (from inside him).

pincer bugs or earwigs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back