Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help?

urchin101

Reaction score
Hello my name is herbie i have an axolotl called gordita and one day i noticed a black mark on her skin i thought nothing of it and moved on the next day it got bigger, i thought it was dirt and washed the tank and now the black spot is a large stone sticking out of her side its eaither a kidney stone or a pebble and its sharp and hard whereas the pebbles in her tank are very big ( too big for her to swallow ) and very smooth what should i do please help :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 281

Kribby

Reaction score
Hi Herbie, you might have better luck posting your question in the axolotl help thread, but that looks like you are going to have to take the little guy to the vet.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a veterinarian issue. You'll have to determine what the spot is before you can treat it. I've never seen anything like that.

urchin101

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a veterinarian issue. You'll have to determine what the spot is before you can treat it. I've never seen anything like that.

Unfortunately we will never know as gordita passed away the next day
With the black spot falling out but pulling a bunch of vital organs out along with it ( sorry for details :I)
And gordita died shortly after
Upon further inspection we took the the foreign object to the bet and she said she had never seen anything like it but was actually most likely a liver or kidney that had become infected and swollen through the skin :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!