Illness/Sickness: Is this Fungus?

since there is a vein showing im inclined to believe it is the blastema forming around the wound, if it gets larger or starts to look like its "fuzzy" id suspect fungus but from the pic i wouldnt advise salt baths quite yet.

maybe a tea bath? if its just the wound healing tea is less harsh then salt while also having antifungal properties. you can get the same benefits from indian almond leaves if you have those already.

KumquatSquats is right about the tea bath/Indian almond leaves. The salt bath would irritate the wounds pretty badly as well as stress her out, leaving those injuries vulnerable to a recurring infection. The tannins introuced by a tea bath or the leaves will soothe her skin and close up her pores, leaving her less vulnerable to greater infection. I'd recommend taking either of these steps after any future injuries, since prevention is always easiest!

Alright, thanks a lot, I did a tea bath once today, do you think today was enough?

you can leave indian almond in the water as long as you like or more diluted tea in its place, id probably do a teabath once a day until its mostly healed or just let them live in the light dilution of tea/ other tannin sources for the same period of time.

i did this when one of mine got hurt, just used enough black tea to tint the water an orange-brown hue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back