• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tjebb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey there!
I have an axolotl who has been living in a tub for a short run, and I have had a 10 gallon cycling. Please note, he is still a juvenile, and if I notice he is growing to big for the tank, I will increase the size. I am humane.

Here are the details:
Tank: L 20" W 10" H 10" (This is the space full of water)
Ammonia: 0.25ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0.1ppm
PH: 6.5

Are these safe? If not, please let me know how to naturally adjust the measures. Thank you!

Hi! For a one adult I would suggest 20 gallons. 10 will be fine while it is a juvenile.
That cycle is almost done, let it keep running it's course and the axie tubbed. It will naturally cycle to 0 ammonia and nitrite and levels of nitrate over 5 (you want to aim for 20-40) so you don't add anything, other than bottled bacteria if you want. Once you have this it's axolotl safe!

Alright, thank you Hayley!

Yes, I am aware I will need to move him to a 20, yet he is still small, so that is going to be an objective!
Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back