Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Morphing A.andersoni

Coastal Groovin

Reaction score
Why would you cross A.andersoni and A. mexicanum? Why pollute the the genetics of these animals? All you get is a wild type axie with a polluted gene pool? I hope you eat them after you grow them.

otolith

Reaction score
Coastal Groovin - I think you missed the post where he said the andersoni x ambystoma larvae would be used as feeders.

xxianxx

Reaction score
Why would you cross A.andersoni and A. mexicanum? Why pollute the the genetics of these animals? All you get is a wild type axie with a polluted gene pool? I hope you eat them after you grow them.

I was checking my male A.andersoni was fertile. I have arranged a breeding loan with another uk owner. Before i go through all the trouble and expense of collecting , quarantining etc i decided to check if the male was a dud. The female A.mexicanum was gravid and would have layed anyway, all my tanks are maxed and my live food is accounted for. If they were A.mexicanum they would be feeders too as i have no space unless i stick them in my bath.
Hmmmmm.......... in the bath, i may have a change of plan.....

LeFarge

Reaction score
sorry to hear that - further proof that the andersoni morphs really aren't very strong

missmuffette

Reaction score
Oh my Goodness! I just happened to be reading your posts about your "gal" and was so shocked by your last post. I am SO sorry for your loss! Poor thing. My thoughts are with you!

MarioR

Reaction score
sorry to hear that - further proof that the andersoni morphs really aren't very strong
Because of one specimen?

In Germany metamorphs live about 5 years with us. There are no older ones because they were the first captive bred in here ;)

@Ian: I'm sorry to hear that!

Greetings,
Mario

LeFarge

Reaction score
i thought it was a generally accepted fact that once andersoni morphed, they didn't last long...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!