Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A cute axolotl story... Come chat!

blushed

Reaction score
145859d1406239628t-once-again-slender-axolotl-has-not-grown-all-since-ive-gotten-him-image.jpg

This picture was taken right before I moved Slender (the smaller axolotl) to his temporary "rehab" center upstairs...

I fed Hellven a medium sized earthworm, and Slender half of an earthworm (he wouldn't even acknowledge the 2nd half), and was talking to my husband about moving Slender now...

While I was talking, they both quickly swam to this rock together, and sat...

I walked away for a few minutes, planning how to move him, and when I returned they had both hidden together in a corner of the tank, making it difficult to remove Slender...

It was like they were saying goodbye.

I wonder if they almost could "sense" I was going to do something, as they have never acted like this before.

If anyone has a story similar to this with their axolotls please share!

Velice

Reaction score
I'm thinking it was just an anthropomorphic association to a random behavior. As far as I can tell, axoltols are generally void of any emotion or perspective.

blushed

Reaction score
I'm thinking it was just an anthropomorphic association to a random behavior. As far as I can tell, axoltols are generally void of any emotion or perspective.

It still seems a bit more than coincidence that they were together twice right after I was talking about it.

I'm sure they didn't know, but it's still fun to give them personalities and emotions. Like most pet owners do.

Equus

Reaction score
I am sure is was coincidence, but still cute to see, lol.

I have 3 Axies about 9 months old together in a 40 gallon tank, and for some reason my smallest, George, always sits on one of the other two, Sparks. It's so cute, lol.

Dragonfire

Reaction score
Well my axolotl Thor was awesome and very typical for a hungry lil young axie then after having him all settled in after his firstt month and a half with me he got constipated on shrimp pellets and died :(

Dragonfire

Reaction score

Yeah the only pets I see much emotion in us my bird and actually my gargoyle gecko and to a less extent my crested being you can kinda tell how's they're feeling by their Color and body language.

TaterTot

Reaction score
One day, when it was feeding time, my youngest Axxie, Toothless, got waaaayyy too excited. Usually when I come up to the glass they both swim towards me and just stare at me. This time, Toothless swam back and forth and up and down. I checked to see that nothing was wrong, but everything seemed fine and normal! Toothless eventually, while I was preparing some bloodworms for him, jumped and grabbed onto the lip of my filter! And held on!

I had to push him off, because I didn't want him to hurt himself, but it was pretty adorable. Afterwards, he ate his share of food like nothing ever happened.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!