Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl just laid TON of eggs

Jessdino

Reaction score
Hi all! I got my first set of lotls back in April and I guess I have a boy and a girl because Stormfly is laying up a storm! I don’t have the time or space to take care of this many babies and would love to know what I can do to get rid of some of the eggs. I’m no kill! Euthanizing isn’t an option for me so please don’t suggest that. Do pet stores take them? Where can I find local axies lovers to maybe sell some to? I have no idea what I’m doing. This was honestly a shocking discover yesterday after work. Any tips on raising the little nuggets would be useful as well!

Cloppy

Reaction score
You could let things go the natural way, and just let the adults feed on the young. But I am guessing that you would not want to do that, so why don't you post them on our classifieds? To your second question, you can keep them in a 5 or 10 gallon with mabye 1 or 2 per gallon and feed them fish flakes or many earthworms chopped up into bite sized pieces.

Jessdino

Reaction score
I'll be doing that with the eggs I can't remove from the tank. Some are on the back of their drift wood and I don't want to remove such a large tank decoration from their set up. But the some 200 I have already removed I can't let myself just freeze... Also I think my roommates would murder me.

Jessdino

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I posted on here and found someone who has the time and means to take the majority off my hands.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!