Eggs?

End

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Display Name
luca
Hi,
this morning i was cleaning removing uneaten food ect from the earthworms tub and i saw more than 30/40 little "spheric" things , i have zero experience on culturing worms so i dont know what they are , i hope for eggs because i really need little sized earthworms for various newts. Anyway i've made some pics
eggs?
002-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

I have a question:
if these are eggs is better to separate them from adults worms or just leave everythings on the worm tub?

thanks in advance
Luca

Last edited:
They are worm eggs, well they are what I assume are worm eggs! I find them in my wormery sometimes I once squashed one to see what it was and it was liquidy inside. I know my worms breed as I have loads of baby worms, they are greta for feeding larvae, though a pain to harvest. If you put in food like carrot the baby worms sometimes all congregate round the food making it a little easier to find them! You must have happy worms! Congratulations!

Yes, they are "eggs". They are in fact a coccoon made out of the clitelum, but yes, it contains an egg or several eggs depending on the species.

ahh thats great, thanks for the help . I hope they start to produce many worms , using my own food for feeding my newts would be awesome.

I just started a worm farm in the hopes that i might have a source over the winter. I dont trust bait shop worms so I thought i would try farming them. Its cool to see your success luca. My newts love earthworms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back