The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 6th September 2010   #41
Cloudy
(Crysta)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Crysta has shown reliable knowledgeCrysta has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Rescued axies NO gills left

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Nice way to make her feel better, NOT.
this is the second time I've seen you post in this forum, deliberately trying to insult it's member(s)
No-one is going to listen to you. if this is our first impression.

anyway mel, I'm glad your axies are soldiering on :)

Thinking about mixing species? Think again. Why risk it?
--
Crysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010   #42
Dan
(daniellog)

Nationality:
Rep: daniellog has shown reliable knowledgedaniellog has shown reliable knowledge

I think he gave me some bad reputation *Runs away and cries*

I'll nip into the pet shop to have a look at them now and again if you want?

daniellog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010   #43
Steve Richards
(morphyrichards)

Nationality:
Rep: morphyrichards has given consistently good advice and informationmorphyrichards has given consistently good advice and informationmorphyrichards has given consistently good advice and informationmorphyrichards has given consistently good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkeirle View Post
If you got em back in the tank you could also run an airline and some stones to increase the O2 if the gill issue is of concern. May also help..
I wonder if it would be possible to put an air pump actually inside the fridge and then close the fridge door over the mains cable. I reckon the seal would close up pretty well around the cable. You could then put some small bubbling air stones in with the fridged axies which might improve their chances a bit?

morphyrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010   #44
Cloudy
(Crysta)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellog View Post
I think he gave me some bad reputation *Runs away and cries*
?

I think he did to me aswell on another post - but there was no comment - so it was completely neutural.

Etiher way, i'm not bothered because If i'm giving information, i'm being sincere and i'm sure that most other people on this forum are, and do realise that people are only trying to help.

But I also appreciate that when people are new to the forum, they're not aware of the social "exacts" that surround it, but i'm sure that he knows what he's doing and is only trying to help.

--

Last edited by Crysta; 6th September 2010 at 17:40.
Old 8th September 2010   #45
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: melfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Ok so Eeny and Meeny didn't make it

Miney Mo has had no return of the fungus as yet but I still cant get him to eat.
He's still swimming around though so I'm hoping I can get him to eat at some point today.

Mel

melfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010   #46
Dan
(daniellog)

Nationality:
Rep: daniellog has shown reliable knowledgedaniellog has shown reliable knowledge

That sucks , I'll go check today for you if I can.

Old 8th September 2010   #47
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: melfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmelfly is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Thanks Dan. The temp is my main worry as I dont think he'd dare put anything else in the tank.

Mel

Old 8th September 2010   #48
Zoe
(zoezakella)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

oh no so sorry Mel you must be gutted COME ON MINEY MO!!!!

zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010   #49
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphyrichards View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to put an air pump actually inside the fridge and then close the fridge door over the mains cable. I reckon the seal would close up pretty well around the cable. You could then put some small bubbling air stones in with the fridged axies which might improve their chances a bit?
I dont have a spare air pump and I think the bubbles would have moved them around a lot as they just weren't moving themselves.
Miney Mo is out of the fridge hoping it will increase his appetite a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions
Mel
x

Old 8th September 2010   #50
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoezakella View Post
oh no so sorry Mel you must be gutted COME ON MINEY MO!!!!
Thanks Zoe. I'll keep you informed
Mel
xx

Old 8th September 2010   #51
Neo
(sek)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 3
Rep: sek has shown reliable knowledgesek has shown reliable knowledge

So sorry to hear about Eeny and Meeny. May they rest in peace. Miney Mo's a little fighter! Best of luck with the little one.

Old 8th September 2010   #52
Erzs

Nationality:
Comments: 5
Rep: Erzs has given good advice and informationErzs has given good advice and informationErzs has given good advice and information

I'm sorry to hear about the two little Axolotls that didn't make it, Mel. =[

Best of luck with Miney Mo! =]

Erzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010   #53
Dan
(daniellog)

Nationality:

Just got back from the pet shop, they had the upstairs blocked off at first but then one of the staff went up and I sneeked behind him with my super awesome 007 spy skills. Had one albino leucistic axie in a tank from what I could see, no signs of stress from what I could tell. Couldn't check the temp as the thermometer was floating around the tank, but there still was a heater in there. I asked and he said they were kept between 18-20 degrees C. I said they were cold water then he said they weren't as they were from Mexico, this made me a bit annoyed to which I explained their habitat to him, then he backed down a little. But the little one looked fine, couldn't see anything wrong...for now.

Old 8th September 2010   #54
Zoe
(zoezakella)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: zoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgzoezakella is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Go Dan 007!!

zoezakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010   #55
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellog View Post
Just got back from the pet shop, they had the upstairs blocked off at first but then one of the staff went up and I sneeked behind him with my super awesome 007 spy skills. Had one albino leucistic axie in a tank from what I could see, no signs of stress from what I could tell. Couldn't check the temp as the thermometer was floating around the tank, but there still was a heater in there. I asked and he said they were kept between 18-20 degrees C. I said they were cold water then he said they weren't as they were from Mexico, this made me a bit annoyed to which I explained their habitat to him, then he backed down a little. But the little one looked fine, couldn't see anything wrong...for now.
Thanks Dan
I'm going to have to have yet another word with him.....grrr
i'll print off something that mentions the cold water the axolotl live in.

Not sure why he doesn't believe what i'm telling him.

Thanks guys I'll keep you all posted on Miney Mo

Mel
xx

Old 8th September 2010   #56
Dolores/Alice
(Morrison)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Morrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and information

Aww. Sorry for your loss. They were all fighters and I really hope Miney Mo is going to make it

Old 8th September 2010   #57
Neo
(sek)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 3
Rep: sek has shown reliable knowledgesek has shown reliable knowledge

Go Dan on your 007 skills! Very cool, I really hope they look after that leucistic. Grr.

Old 8th September 2010   #58
Cloudy
(Crysta)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:

Wow, they seem like complete and utter idiots.

--
Old 9th September 2010   #59
Leanne
(lea)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: lea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and information

mel..im really sorry hear about eenie and meeny. Miney Mo is a fighter and we are all in his/her corner cheering for him/her to do well. Hang in there, you are a wonderful axie-mum.
lea

lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010   #60
melfly
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Thanks guys.

Miney Mo has developed a bit more fungus on his leg but I'm on top of it.
He has also eaten today YAY

I'm sure he's gonna be fine.

I'll start a new thread to progress his recovery, with pictures.

Mel
xx

Tags
no gills, rescue