Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

First T.dobrogicus morph.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
So i finally have my very first T.dobrogicus morph and it´s a whopper! At 9,5 cm long, it´s amost 2,5cm bigger than it´s parents when i first got them. Hell, it´s mother is around 13 cm long...i can´t help but think this is a biiiiig morph. I´ve been waiting for this moment for quite some time :)

You can still see the gill buds as it hasn´t yet fully finished the process. It has taken this larva almost 6 months to reach metamorphosis, and i´ve really enjoyed the whole process. There´s a younger sibling who looks like he is going to be just as big (unfortunately while on vacation i lost several larvae, presumably due to cannibalism). The two of them beg for food just as their parents, and it´s been soooo easy to take care of them since they were 3cm or so...they even take pellets, which i think has contributed to their well development and good size.

Anyway, here is my pride and joy :)

Attachments

• P1070236666666.JPG
    P1070236666666.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 492

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Very very good news!

Congratulations!

What a big morph! It appears to me it has been a good week for many folks with morphs!

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you :)
It´s that time of the year Johnny xDD

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Nice looking T. Dobrogicus. I produced some this year aswell. I just recently visited a friend who had recieved some larvae from me and his morphed not long ago. I think it was about 1 month ago, and his male already has a slight crest and it seems his crest is getting larger as the days past. Keep us updated!

caudatadude28

Reaction score
My largest adult female is almost 8 inches (20cm). My smallest adult is the male which is 6.5 inches long(16.25cm). I have one morph as well. He is 3 inches(7.5cm). My biggest and oldest larvae is 4 inches(12.5cm) and isnt too close to morphing. I have too many larvae since I'm only keeping 1 or 2 and I have 40-55 larvae. I am going on vacation soon. I hope my larvae dont eat one another while I am gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!